Monday, April 27, 2015

The Carriage House is getting ready for guests

While Lee is working on cactus removal and parking for the wedding venue, I have been working on getting the carriage house ready for our first guests.  I started with Adelphia's room--I hope she would approve my my choices.  Over the weekend, I finished up the painting (okay, full disclosure, Lee did help with the painting along with his other duties).  Here are the colors we used:


For the bedroom, a nice calm gray, that looks very well with the limestone;  the bathroom is in a shade of blue-green that I hope will call the Mediterranean to mind.  As you can see from the color names, these are Sherwin Williams colors.  I have joined "paint perks," since I plan to be doing a lot of painting.  :) Next, I will select fabrics for the accents.  I will need to resurrect my sewing skills and hope they have not atrophied after many years of disuse.  Of course, Lee will be conscripted to install new light fixtures and blinds to get everything in shape for guests.


Photos to come of the finished product.

There were more wildflowers, in new colors, but I forgot to take pictures.  I will be posting those soon, too!


No comments:

Post a Comment